Graphing Equations from Standard Form

My students have such a difficult time keeping track of all the different methods of graphing lines from each form. I use this foldable to help them keep track of the various forms, but I also drill that they can always change it to slope-intercept form. And if they get really desperate, they can just use a table of values to graph everything. I think practicing converting from standard form to slope intercept form is a great way to practice literal equations as well.

I use these notes to practice rearranging equations from standard form to slope-intercept form. I have students glue them along the edge of the page and show all their work on the lines of the notebook paper. (They print four per page.)

I created this puzzle for students to practice converting between standard form and slope-intercept form. They find an equation in standard form, rearrange it to slope intercept form, and match the two pieces. There are several similar equations to keep students on their toes and "attending to mathematical precision."

 I love using these puzzles for practice activities, not only does it encourage students to work together, but students also receive immediate feedback - when they don't find their answers or their puzzle doesn't make the right shape, they know they have a mistake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...